Thursday, November 29, 2007

A miserable week for little bud!

Since last Friday little Lindon has been sick. Lord, my nerves are being pushed and tested to the max.. At first he was just whiney on Friday and Saturday. Saturday night he screamed holy mary all night long. If I put him down, he screamed. If I layed down with him in my arms, he screamed and kicked. If I sat and rocked him, he screamed. He would only settle down when I stood up and rocked and swayed him. We all know that in the middle of the night that just isn't going to work. I knew something serious was wrong with my child because he was satin that night. :o) I couldn't let him "cry it out" because I knew he wasn't feeling good and it wasn't for attention. He is never like this. On Sunday he was still whiney all day and he did the same scenario on Sunday night. He was running a temp Saturday night as well of 102. I gave him some pediatric tylenol and it went down so I didn't take him into the doctor since his fever broke. His fever was up and down all Sunday day and night as well. Monday morning I thought he would be fine to go to his day care provider since his fever went down and seemed to stay down for a while. I let Ms. Katie know that if it went back up or he seemed to whiney to call me and I would take him to the Dr's. Well when Lindon's Mom picked him up on Monday he had a rectal temp. of 102.8. Well I decided he needed to go into the Dr.'s. I took him to urgent care and the Dr. assured me that his fever is peaking and it should be over in a couple of days. Just keep giving him tylenol and he will be good to go. So every day little bud has been cranky. Lindon stayed home with him the past few days. Every night has been long and horrible. Finally his fever broke and stayed down last night. Well, I am not sure if little Lindon got used to the extra attention or what, but I was cuddling with him in my bed and we both fell asleep. At about 10 he woke up out of a dead sleep and started screaming holy mary again. I tried everything and couldn't get him to stop. His temp. was good, he had eaten, his diaper was clean so after about an hour and a half of trying everything that didn't work I decided to let him cry it out. It took that boy 30 minutes of screaming bloody murder to fall asleep and then all night he kept waking up every hour crying and whining. 5:20 he woke up, I gave him a bottle and he knocked out hard. Then didn't want to wake up when I had to get him dressed to go to Ms.Katie's. We will see how tonight goes. I can't wait. It has been soooo hard. I haven't had any sleep hardly for almost a week and the constant crying is really getting old. No more babies.:o)

3 comments:

Jill said...

the Dr checked his ears right???
Poor Lindon and poor Mommy!

Teething?

It is so hard when they can't really tell you whats wrong.

I hope he feels better asap!

heathersoutherland said...

yes, they said everything looked great. Just his temp and he had little red bumps on his belly and legs (small rash), which they said came with a fever. The great news is he is better and I slept last night. He is back to my little sweetness. I was worried that it would be his ears cause when I was younger I always had ear infections.

Jill said...

glad to hear he is getting better :)